Safety & Health
We are excited to welcome you to the 2021 CWMA Conference…
…virtually and in-person with cautious eagerness. Our hybrid in person/virtual format allows everyone to take part in the way that is most comfortable to them. Our goal is to provide a great experience in an environment that is safe, kind, and respectful.
Under current COVID-19 event measures in BC, we are operating under Stage 3 of the BC Restart Plan, as well as event-specific guidelines as prescribed by the Public Health Officer (PHO).
By adopting these best practices and health directives, we will be ready for a safe return to a conference event. The following provisions and additional guidelines have been incorporated into our event:
- Masks: Masks are mandatory as you move around the various rooms and in the halls, but can be removed when seated.
- Seating: All attendees must use the same seat for each session block (not for the whole event). If you leave your seat for any reason during a session block, you will need to return to the same seat. To facilitate networking and give flexibility of seating at different sessions, there will be cleaning between session blocks.
- Vaccines: We are asking all in-person guests attending to be fully vaccinated. Attendees must provide confirmation of full vaccination before the event and then proof of vaccination when entering the venue.
- High space to attendee ratio.
- A COVID-19 risk mitigation and response plan.
- Event Emergency Response Plan
- On-site COVID-19 Safety Manager responsible for all COVID-19 related issues.
- Venue design to facilitate physical distance and logistics.
- Segregated areas in the main hall and elsewhere in the venue for people to network at their personal level of comfort (e.g. individual seating, smaller group tables).
- Trade show and reception area will be well-spaced for distancing and ease-of-movement.
Additionally, please read the VICTORIA CONFERENCE CENTRE SAFE SPACE PLAN https://www.tourismvictoria.com/sites/default/files/vcc_safe_space_sheet_02sep2021.pdf
In BC, your vaccine card is required for entry at this venue and event. More information: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html. BC vaccination passports, vaccination cards, and other provincial provided documentation will be accepted. People visiting from outside of B.C. are also required to show proof of vaccination. CWMA will be following Provincial Health Officer (PHO) ordered verification process
We are not able to admit anyone “in person” to the event location who does not have acceptable proof of double vaccination in time for the event, however the entire event can be attended virtually.
For those who have registered for in-person but do not wish to attend the event in person because of these guidelines, or for any reason, you have the choice of attending virtually, and will be refunded the difference in price, or can cancel your attendance for a full refund. The deadline for this change is October 8, 2021.
We are committed to producing a safe show for our attendees, exhibitors, suppliers, and staff.
As part of our commitment, we are working closely with the Victoria Conference Centre, event industry professionals, BCCDC and the Province to develop safety protocols around COVID-19 response and prevention.
We ask all in-person attendees to work with us by adhering to all the guidelines: BC Provincial Health Guidelines, Conference Centre, as well as our own guidelines and comply with safe hygiene, physical distancing and mask requirements.
As we get closer to welcoming you, our guidelines (Federal, Provincial, Local, and event specific) may change.
Please DO NOT ATTEND if you feel unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19.