Special Circular Economy Workshop
C2C Threads Presents:
Strategies for Re-purposing Textile Waste in your Community
CWMA is proud to provide a forum for this great opportunity.
Hands-on work to create and improve the solid waste management options available to all of us are a priority for our organization.
– REGISTER TODAY! –
These links will auto-open an email from your system. Some server rules may block this auto feature. Feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org directly to rsvp.
– VIRTUAL EVENT NOTES –
CWMA Forums use the awesome Zoom Platform. Dial-in option is available but participants must confirm the dial-in phone number to be admitted to the event.
– Details –
Free Workshop! Two Dates to choose from:
Monday, March 28 | 1:00-2:30 PM, Pacific Time
Tuesday, March 29 | 10:00-11:30 AM, Pacific Time
Cradle to Cradle (C2C) (https://www.cradletocradle.ca) is offering free workshops to individual and organizations interested in pursuing a circular economy initiative to help manage waste textiles.
The workshops are based on their recent experience creating an enterprise on Gabriola Island, BC. With gracious thanks to funders, these workshops are provided at no charge and with the goal of helping to increase the circular economic potential for our region!
This workshop is focused on actions and strategies to create a re-purposing textile initiative that responds to your community’s assets and context.
*One-on-one consultations are available for those who cannot make the workshop dates.
– Workshop Agenda –
— Introductions –
· Welcome & Overview, becoming a Circular Economy enterprise
· Stats on textile waste and opportunities for making revenue
— Getting Ready –
· Figure out what textile waste you have (type, reason for discard)
· Surveying & Engaging community members
— Contractors or Employees –
· Selling textile waste products
· Selling products from Contractors
· Finding and choosing your contractors or employees
· Living wage – piece work or employee
· Options for sorting, quality control, consignment
— Selling/Marketing –
· Choosing products – organization’s objectives
· Marketable – demographics, price points
· Equipment and skill requirements
· Location (retail, online, shipping, pick-up)
· Local, regional, provincial, federal grants
· Partnerships – how to enhance your enterprise through partnerships
— Conclusion –
· Time will be given for questions and discussion